Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Sculptor - Rating/Review

On February 5, 2015, Scott McClouds newest graphic novel, The Sculptor, goes on sale. Do yourself a favor, make sure you have pre-ordered this book. Because once word gets out, they will sell - fast!

I sat trying to write a review after finishing the book... This is what I came up with:

I've been starring at my screen for almost an hour; I type half a sentence, reflect more on "The Sculptor," and then delete it and try again. I don't know how to articulate how masterfully McCloud tells this story through a medium that obviously means so much to him.


When the validity of the Arts is ever questioned, it's works like "The Sculptor," that we raise proclaiming  McClouds' own words, "And life without it -- it's not enough."

I fully expect this book to win all the awards, deservedly.

Think of it this way, if "American Gods" conceived a child with "Blankets," you would end up with "The Sculptor."

This is by far the best thing I've read in a very, very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment