Thursday, December 26, 2013

Happy Holidays - A reGift from Roman Mars


I am a culture consumer. What Galactus is to planets, I am to magazines, podcasts, comics, blogs, music albums and singles, books, television, cinema, etc1. I feel, out of sheer quantity, when something piques my overly stimulated interest, it is usually worth taking note.

That said, no other piece of culture I ingested in 2013 was able to effect
2 my perspective as did a particular episode of 99% Invisible.

I don’t want to take up your time with too much exposition, because I really want all to listen to the linked episode; suffice it to say that I sadly will never be able to praise the podcast adequately. It is… amazing.

So go listen with an open mind to Episode #91 Wild Ones. No matter what you might be thinking and/or feeling during the episode, take it all in from start to finish.

Episode #91 isn’t the best sampling of the content 99% Invisible normally provides. Roman Mars, the podcast producer, describes the show podcast as “a tiny radio show about design, architecture & the 99% invisible activity that shapes our world.”

Thanks for taking the time to read/listen. I’d love to know what piece of culture was powerful enough to effect your point of view in 2013.

And thanks so much to
Jon Mooallem and Black Prairie for creating such a powerful piece of culture. Of course, thank you Roman Mars for bringing it to my attention.




1Recently, the struggling Death Ray Comics has absorbed almost all of my time dedicated to culture consumption. 2I truly mean the verb effect not affect.

No comments:

Post a Comment